The Fashion For Men – Hats and caps wore by people for its function and style. The function is to protect from the heat of the sun or to provide warmth. For fashion, it can give an authority like policeman’s cap or to express their self through the top part of your body.
Men’s Hat And Caps History
– Greeks and Romans known as the first generation that wear a hat. It was worn by Greeks and Romans travelers tied under the chin.
– People in the city usually wear hat that made of cloth in the medieval age
– The caps origin was made of wool in the English cricket cap. It has close fit and short front brim.
– New York Knickerbockers as the pioneer of American baseball team wore straw hats, it was the first time baseball team wear a hat.
– Boss of the Plains, the famous cowboy hat was invented by John Batterson Stetson in New Jersey. It became more famous when two gun heroes, Tom Mix went into movies in 1909.
– Some folks said that the first US President who did not wear hat in inauguration was President JF Kennedy in 1961
The word “Hat” comes from Saxon which means hood, it consists of brim and crown. Hat has its own shape and made of more sturdy material. While the word “cap” comes from Latin cappa which means hooded cloak. It usually made of soft material and hug the skull perfectly. Lets look some of the types below
Men’s Hats And Caps Science
Material depends on function, if you want comfortable material that give space to breathe, natural fabrics like wool and cotton is a good choice. But you have to know that original baseball caps were made of wool. Synthetics can be the option for more durable material and weather resilient. Another fabric, can be cotton or leather should be stitched inside your cap. It around the bottom of the cap’s circumference. Read: Get In Style With Men’s Newsboy Cap
This stuff is important when your hat doesn’t match your head. The best option for your hat adjustor was buckle type, but the most common type in the market was Velcro or plastic.
Your caps should fit exactly with the head, avoid blow off in the wind. Usually it worn more snugly than hat, because of its weight and material.
4. Men’s Cap Care
Again, it depends on the material. If you wear caps that made of cotton, you can launder at home. To maintain the shape, use plastic blocking device that you can found in grocery stores.
The best material for your dress hats should be felt, since it light, resilient and nearly waterproof. The high quality will hold its shape when you crease it.
Different with caps, hat needs a larger size than your head. Its wise if you always choose larger size to the nearest 1/8 inch. Read: Honing the Hats: Finding the Right Cap to Fit Your (Perfectly) Large Head
3. Men’s Hats Care
Don’t grab your hat by the crown, it will make your hat out sooner. The way is by taking hold of the front of the brim with one hand while the other hand take hold of the back of the brim. Be careful when you brush the hat, and you can use lint brush to clean the surface. Once or twice a year, send your hat to steamed and shaped. Read also: The Best Style Advices on Bucket Hats For Men
Well, thats the basic difference between men’s hat and caps as the part of your style. Hope you enjoy the articles, get smart when choosing both of them.