The Fashion For Men – Hi guys, now we have special guest from The Modest Man, unique blog for all of the short guys out there. The owner, Brock is a successful fashion blogger and has speaks in many conference. If you have any questions about fashion, style and fit, then his blog is the right source. I will be the first, hope you enjoy the interviews.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
Well, I’m a short guy. I’m about 5’6?, and when started trying to dress well, I can’t find anything that specifically for short men and specific problem that we faced. So I start a blog that I want to read.
I was learning and advancing my style, then writing about what I just learnt. I figured that I have a problem that other guys probably have the same problem.
# What we have to learn from this answer is, find what you need. It can help others too. For short men, TFFM has Short Men Clothing Style
2. The Modest Man has live for more than 3 years. Are there any change in your style in this 3 years? Before and after you have The Modest Man in your life.
Yes, my style was change a lot. I don’t really know what I was doing before The Modest Man. Some of older outfit were not that great. I have learnt a lot from another blogger, a lot of experimentation, trial and error. I think a get more comfortable with my own style and develop more personal style.
# Do what you love, it has positive impact on you.
3. Who is your favorite fashion blogger? Man and woman, did they influence your blogging style?
I don’t know If I have favorite because I look their style and if they fit with that, it maybe fit with me too. I like practical advices, not only about fashion and trends but also classic style. I read primer magazine, Real Men Real Style, Gentleman Gazzette, I Am Alpha M. Just very practical when the trends changes.
# Everything changes, including your style.
4. I am a man with 5’8″. Do you have any ideas how to look sharp in the office?
It close fit. Either suit, business casual, it doesn’t really matter. Start with the close fit really well and then you can focus on the other details.
# Fit is a must.
5. Your writing style is like magic. I really enjoy reading them, and I believe so does everybody. What is the key success of your writing and blogging?
In the first time of writing or blogging, I wrote in serious tone and very formal. Then I think that people are reading the article not only because they need advice, but also reading because they find it entertaining. They want to hear your unique voices, so I’m trying to straight to the point. I also make funny, light, because we just talk about clothes here, we talk about how you dress. So no need to too serious most of the time.
6. Now let’s talk about business blogging, I knew you quit your job for TMM. Do you have any advises for fashion blogger in their first year? Honestly, I am impressed with your income from TMM.
Yes. First of all It is possible to make a lot of money from blogging, it is enough for living. There are two tips:
1st. Form relationship with other bloggers
Find 10 – 15 blogger that has similarity with you but bigger, reach out with them. Online business is like another business, its about who you know
2nd. Learn the basic of SEO
Most bloggers overlook this, but this is so powerful. Optimize your blog for search engines, you will get a lot of additional traffic. Take a couple of weeks and learn SEO. Alternatively, you can enlist the help of professionals from digital marketing firms such as this SEO Stafford company.
The other thing is, it took me 3 years to make TMM bring decent money. It’s a hard work because if it was easy, everybody will doing it.
# Never give up in anything
7. You have traveled to a lot of countries, well I saw that from your blog too, awesome dude. How did you fund your traveling expenses? Only by blogging or other income?
The most expensive of travel is plane ticket, you can choose stay in 4 stars hotel or hostel. You gotta figured out your own travel style.
If I am going to another country, I will bring camera and some outfits, then create couple of blog post. And that way, it becomes work trip. The other great thing about traveling blogger is as long as you have computer and internet connection, you can bring your work anywhere. I keep working and my business keep running
8. What is the best way to generate income from fashion blogging. By selling your product on your blog, or by advertisement?
Most bloggers have multiple income streams. I have three tops income streams : advertising, affiliate, and selling product. So, I think the best strategy is to have multiple income streams going at the same time. This is also vitally important to consider when you grow older, don’t just think of retirement planning as something you should be doing as you near it, but also remember it is never too late to start financing your retirement.